yarny bookworm

Follow on Bloglovin

Sonntag, 18. Januar 2015

summary sunday

Hello lovely readers. How are you? Did you have a lovely weekend? I sure did!

There was a lot going on this week at my work, so I wasn't really able to write a blog post. Instead I remembered every now and then to take photos of some things that made me happy this week and I'm going to write about those. Maybe a regular blog post will make me a better blogger. We'll see.

Anyway, here are some snippets of my life this week:

I finally took a photo of my new calender. It's a paperblanks and I use these diaries for quite a while now. When I showed it to my man he wanted one for himself. And of course I bought him one also:
They are so beautiful, aren't they?

mine

his


I went for the first run in this year. Of course it was horrible, as I haven't been running for over a month now. Lousy 2.5 km. This really has to change! So I'm really motivated to start my running habit again. At least two times a week, that's what I'm trying to do right now. And as I want to get fit for the summer, I did my first full body workout today. I looked some things up on the internet. I don't want to spend money on a fitness studio so I wanted to have some workouts that I am able to do at home. I mainly want to focus on my legs, my butt and my stomach. And boy, this well be a lot of hard work as I am really, really unfit! But I'm very motivated and I set myself my wedding date as a deadline to see some results. Surely it must be able to see some changes in my body in the next three months...

Bildunterschrift hinzufügen

I really had trouble finishing one set, let alone FOUR!!!


I also started to try to eat more healthy. In December I really let my nutrition slip. I ate a lot of fast food and of course I felt that I ate very badly. I was tired and grumpy and my skin wasn't looking very nice either. Last week I managed to cook every evening and take the leftovers with me to eat at work the next day. I'm really into keeping that up as I eat better and feel better that way. That's also one of my new year resolutions. The fact that it also saves some money is just a big, fat bonus.

yummy salad


Apropos wedding. We started to make our invitations. I know, these go out rather late, but as all of our twenty guests know exactly when we're getting married, this is just a formality. We're making the invitations ourselves and I really like the look of them. This is the front. I wrote everything on the inside myself. How do you like them?

invitation


Aside from some crafting supplies for our invitations I also bought some things for me and for my pen pal letters. Beautiful Washi Tape and some stationary and stickers, which aren't on the picture.

love love love washi tape!

We also bought some new plants for our appartment. I love them! Let's just hope they won't day, I don't have the best survival record when it comes to room plants. Even my cactus seem to have mould on it...
the little one in the front with the yellow blooms isn't supposed to look white and fluffy...

oh look, a hidden minion!


I had breakfast with my best friend on Saturday. We ate at my wedding venue and since she is my bridesmaid, of course all we talked about was my wedding. It was pretty nice to spend some time with her again, as we rarely see each other lately and mostly only talk on the phone. And she got me this mug because she saw it and she knew, that I would love it. And I do! This well be my coffee mug tomorrow morning and it will make Monday way nicer!!

gotta love them!


My man and I went to the holiday fair in Vienna today. We decided to go on a short honeymoon after our wedding and wanted to have some inspiration. My man's turning thirty next year and instead of a big party he wants to have a big holiday with me. So we had some inspiration there as well. It will probably be either North or South America. But there's still some time to decide. Of course we didn't come home with empty hands...these will make us aching with "Wanderlust" from now on...and this isn't even half of what we took home with us!

Spain? Malta? Portugal? Greece? If only we could decide on our honeymoon destination...


And last but not least: I made some progress with my Mario blanket! Here you have all the finished Granny Squares that are not attached to the blanket yet. I decided to finish all of the squares before adding them all up and crocheting them together. I now have only 30 squares left and I hope that I will manage to have them finished by the weekend so I can start joining.
I ordered yarn for the baby blanket for my niece/nephew who will be born in June and got the notification yesterday that the yarn is on its way. So I REALLY need to finish the Mario blanket as I really can't wait too long to start my new project when a big box of lovely yarn is just waiting for me to turn it into a really lovely blanket. I'll keep you posted!

a heap of squares in a crappy quality. I'm sorry, but there wasn't really much daylight around when I took the picture. You get the idea.


How was your week? What made you happy in the last few days?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen