yarny bookworm

Follow on Bloglovin

Dienstag, 25. November 2014

Christmas preparation

Ho ho ho, lovely readers.

Just one more month until Christmas! Time flies, actually, doesn't it? It has gotten quite calm around here, as I had a lot of work to do at my work. I had really long hours every day and wasn't really keen on sitting in front of the computer in the evenings when I've already been sitting in front of the screen for the last 10 hours at work.
But now everything is back to normal. The book fair is over. It was really great, to get a look behind the scene of such a fair. It's amazing how much work goes into organizing it. We have just two women at my company who are doing this. But they did an amazing job, it was the most successful Vienna book fair in its entire 7 year history and while I spend my days there, I just thought over and over again: what a great way, to earn a living! 

Now that I don't come home totally exhausted late in the evening, I also managed to get some things done! First of all, I started running again. I was really sloppy with it in the last few weeks. But now I'm back on track. Though I feel a little cold coming up on me, so again I have to take a step back. But I'm feeling better now and will hopefully be able to have my two weekly runs this week.

We started rehearsals for our amateur acting season. The premier will be on the 27th of December and we just received our final text this weekend. So in the next few weeks there will be a lot of rehearsals (we can only do those on weekends) and lots of text-learning. But it really is a very funny and great play and I'm SO looking forward to all those rehearsals as they always mean a lot of fun and laughter! 

And I managed to get some crafty stuff done as well! 
My man will have a christmas stall in December. I wont be there, as I have my normal 40 hour work, but I did some crochet and origami stuff for him. It will be a beautiful decoration for the stall (I will show you a picture, once it's done) and we also plan to sell the things. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get as much done as I wanted to. But I made a lot of crocheted snowflakes. I really like those! I made them just in plain white, but I also played with some colors. Red, purple, blue, green...everything that can be seen as "traditional" christmas colors.


these are my snowflakes - before and after blocking


And I made tons of origami stars for him. A while ago, I bought some beautiful Origami paper, but didn't exactly know what to make out of them. When I was searching for some inspiration on Pinterest I came across these lovely stars. They're fairly easy to make and I think they look really nice. You could make a garland out of it (that's what I plan to do for my home), or put them onto christmas cards, decorate your gifts with it, hang them on your christmas tree...there are endless possibilities! 


I wonder if the principle of the thousand origami cranes also works with stars??


I honestly have no idea, if anyone will actually buy any of this stuff. But I plan to donate everything I make from selling it to the Austrian Parkinson society. A member of my family was diagnosed with it this year and I think that people are more likely to buy something if they know that the profits of it will be donated for a good cause! 

These are all the handmae christmassy things that I made so far. A rather small list. I hope to get some more done in the next few weeks as I actually wanted to give my family handmade gifts this year. REALLY need to focus on that, there isn't that much time left. We'll see if my plan works out or if I'm going to get in a shopping panic shortly before christmas to get all my gifts in time! ;-)

What about you? Do you buy your gifts or do you make them yourselves? And If you give handmade things: what are you making for your beloved ones? I really need some inspiration! 

Have a nice week, everyone! 








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen